Leading your designated portfolio pre-contract and post contract design and build multi-discipline rail projects from concept to completion and up to the end of defects liability, whilst developing a positive working relationship with all stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing contract terms and conditions and produce comments on these terms that identify risks and solutions, in liaison with the Commercial Manager.
- Liaising closely with the Pre-Contract team to understand the scope of works and using this information to assess the risks the terms have on individual projects.
- Negotiating terms and conditions with clients and supply chain in accordance with Commercial Governance and Delegated Levels of Authority.
- Key member of the Commercial team delivering multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience of working with the Network Rail suite of contracts, NEC3/4 as well as other bespoke terms is desired.
- Ensuring that all commercial and financial governance is complied with and monitored.
- Preparing Budgets, Forecasts, Business Plans, Periodic Reports and KPIs in liaison with the Commercial Manager
- Optimising contract turnover and profitability for all contracts.
- Production of monthly reconciliations of contract performance on all contracts.
- Deputising for the Commercial Manager, when required
- Being influential and integrate fully with operations in order to create synergies.
- Building and managing effective supply chain relationships.
- Working with the wider internal team, to assist in development of contractual understanding.
- Building strong relationships with the key members of the project teams.
- Building and maintaining professional working relationships with the Client(s) to enable open and honest discussions creating win-win solutions.
- Regularly engaging with the Client to inform them of their individual contract or work bank position to create “surprise free” final accounts.
- Creating a cash flow forecast, revised monthly, to submit to both the Client and for the purpose of internal reporting.
- Where necessary assisting the Client to manage projects by advising of critical commercial decision dates to maintain programme, utilising either CEMAR Contract administration tool, or traditional contract administration methods.
- Attending/Chairing commercial meetings both internally and with clients and make positive contributions to overall commercial management
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Experience within the Rail and civils construction sector.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Law.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Senior Quantity Surveyor experience.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience in interpreting contracts/contractual terms.
- Good working knowledge of industry standard forms of contract, in particular the Network Rail suite.
- Work collaboratively and use influence to gain results.
- Present a professional image and promote the Linbrooke brand.
- Show initiative in resolving problems.
- Understand and seek to minimise waste in resources and processes.
- Value for money mentality.
- Take a balanced view on decisions made, considering long term impact/consequences.
- Full driving licence.
- Highly competent in the suite of Microsoft Office (365, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, PowerPoint etc).
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.