We are looking for a mechanically biased quality inspector who has experience of working with customers, to ensure trains are built to Transport For Wales’ specifications.
Location (s): Wolverton
Rate: £28.99 (Inside IR35)
Duration: 6 months initially but highly likely to extend
Hours: Days M-F, 40 hours per week
Role and Responsibilities
- Complete quality inspections on Rolling Stock vehicles.
- Participate in various improvement plans.
- Write and complete reports, detailing work schedules.
- Speak with and meet customers, visiting the depot.
- Complete mechanical repairs, using relevant tooling where applicable.
The ideal candidate must have quality inspection experience within a heavy engineering background. They will also be able to complete detailed, post inspection reports, ensuring that findings are accurately logged.
- Previous Quality inspection experience
- Understanding of mechanical repairs and rectification
- History of completing reports and documentation
- Able to complete quality and internal inspections
- Full UK Driving licence and own transport
- Rail Rolling Stock experience highly desirable
- Able to communicate in the Spanish language
- Torque verification
Other information: A pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol test and Medical must be passed prior to start.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.