NSAR is a membership organisation within the rail sector focused on bringing together government, employers, training providers, colleges and universities to deliver industry needs. We work collaboratively across the transport industry and key stakeholders to provide awareness, advice, and support for members to enable them to help build effective skills strategies.
Due to the success of our work, we are now seeking additional people to join our Quality Assurance team. You should already be an experienced QA Manager with a successful record and have lots of energy and enthusiasm for the role with a track record in delighting clients. Joining our close knit, energetic team, you’ll make an impact from day one.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, NSAR is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join NSAR.
The QAM role is responsible for auditing and ensuring that training providers comply with all industry standards and contributing to continuous best practice improvements across the industry.
- Setting and maintaining standards for compliance to rail industry standards
- Assuring Training Providers against compliance standards determined by the client/industry
- Preparation and submission of reports
- Complying with the company’s quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Assuring Training Providers internal processes against national standards
- Developing and updating quality procedures in collaboration with colleagues and client/industry
- Maintaining controls and documentation procedures
- Use of relevant quality tools and training others in their use
- Contribute to development and implementation of industry best practice including suggestions for improvements
- Continuously develop own technical knowledge
- Monitor & Process Helpdesk items
- OLEC, TIC & MC/CC Site Approvals
- Undertake New Provider Advisory Visits
- Contribute to Provider Forums and Workshops
- Assist with investigations
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the NSAR team to prioritise business and information needs
- To undertake any other duties at the request of a manager which are commensurate with this role.
- A1/V1/V2 or Internal/External Auditing Qualifications
- At least five years’ experience within the Rail Industry in a Training Management role
- Experience in dealing with Internal/External assurance bodies such as ISO/BSI/Achilles/RISQS
- Full UK Driving licence (Preferable).
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Honesty and Integrity
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to make decisions on their own
Location – North West. The role will be home based but will require substantial travel across the N West each week, and from time to time to our Head office in London and other locations in the UK.