This regional office of major UK Rail & Civil engineering contractor has now become a dominant force in the Rail Engineering market . With an experienced team at its core they are able to undertake a variety of projects from PWAY, rail and infrastructure. To continue on their successful growth programme and meet their loyal client’s needs they are needing to recruit a PWAY Engineer to the already successful team. The successful candidate can expect excellent career opportunities, not just in the regional business, but also in the national group company as well.
Position: PWAY Engineer
- Provide Technical support in the detailed planning and execution of all of Track Renewal and Enhancement Works as allocated by the Lead Engineer;
- Monitor and ensure technical compliance on all works, site and office;
- Attend relevant meetings including Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings as required;
- Manage the work to meet agreed financial targets, performance KRAs and other KPIs;
- Manage works in compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation and Welfare Regulations;
- Manage works in compliance with the TFW technical specifications, processes and procedures and Network Rail Group and Line Standards;
- Undertake surveys, planning and programming of work, technical supervision on site, preparation of documents;
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Bar Charts / Time Chainage charts, WPPs, and other site documentation for all works;
- Undertake safety inspection as stipulated in procedures and requirements;
- Submit Daily Work Returns (Planned v Actuals) in a timely manner;
- Participate in the CVL project Safety Briefing Programme.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Good knowledge of Track Renewals Disciplines;
- Excellent knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW and other appropriate regulations, including Group Standards;
- Knowledge of financial controls;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and man management skills;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Ability to drive;
- HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- PTS and COSS.