Purchase Ledger Clerk
TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to maintain the purchase ledger on the company’s accounting package, including payments to suppliers and supplier statement reconciliations.
- Register all incoming purchase invoices & credit notes on the accounting system, Exchequer.
- Reviewing invoices for a PO number.
- Matching up invoices with a valid PO to the PO system.
- Coding invoices to appropriate ledger codes and job codes, and input into the system.
- Prepare and process weekly payment runs and sending out remittance advices.
- Reconcile supplier statements and deal with supplier queries.
- Supplier ledger maintenance, including setting up new suppliers and validating bank detail change requests.
- Pro-actively following up aged PO’s with PO originators where they haven’t been marked as delivered. Closing down where appropriate.
- Processing employee expense claim forms.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Methodical and focussed, ability to manage a busy workload.
- Effective communication skills with suppliers as well as colleagues and PO originators.
- Confident with computer systems – accounting system, PO system, Excel, Outlook email, saving supplier pdf invoices as backup support.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to work under own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility.
- Conscientious, confident, hardworking.
Salary will be commensurate with knowledge and experience.