We require a Service Engineer, looking to step off the tools and into an office-based job. Someone to become the technical expert for maintenance and repairs of rolling stock, using knowledge to coordinate activities of maintenance engineers across the UK.
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts Are working with an overhaul and maintenance company that, due to expansion, are searching for a Service Engineer who is looking to take responsibilities off the shop floor, working closely with multiple customers and key stake holders, as they will be the first point of call for multiple service engineers from a technical expertise to advise on documentation for risk assessments, ensuring tools are correct and materials are in order.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that PSEs, Technicians or contractors are implementing appropriate modification programmes on Company products as defined by the client.
- Ensure that all materials/parts, drawings, tooling, fixtures, test equipment are organised and available prior to commencement of a job.
- Organise and supervise the day-to-day provision of installation and servicing/warranty support for UK products.
- Mechanical/ Electrical engineering background- HNC/HND level / NVQ Level 4 / Foundation degree/ Apprenticeship trained.
- Technical Support- previously advised on technical related issues. Good understanding of technical documentation. Understand work instructions.
- Significant in leading & co-ordinating teams across multiple locations and projects.
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification/certification
- Rolling Stock Maintenance experience
Closing Date: 24 th Feb 2023
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.