Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Are you seeking to enhance your career and join us on our journey as our Project Quality Safety Manager on a permanent basis and make your mark with a globally renowned organisation in the rail sector? The Project Quality Safety Manager is a key integral role which requires you to will be responsible for supporting their assigned projects by coordinating all quality and product safety activities throughout the project lifecycle– Including Gate Review Management, Producing Safety Authorisation Reports for Commissioning, Performing Audits, Management of Non-Conformance, and facilitating Quality Investigations via 8D Problem Solving, ensuring Customer Satisfaction and RFT Project Delivery, Utilising ‘Return of Experience’ to Improve Performance.
Your future role:
The Alstom D&IS footprint is expanding rapidly, and the teams are growing to support new projects, making it a great time to join our expanding team and business as part of your career plan. The UK&I Quality Team supports Project Delivery across the D&IS Business for a vast portfolio of Signalling and Infrastructure Projects. Comprising of Project, Engineering, Industrial and QMS Quality Managers with an interface to Supplier Quality Assurance across the UK with multiple Hub Sites, including Hatfield, Derby and Plymouth.
We’ll look to you for:
- Support Project Management Gate Reviews – Learn the Alstom Project Management Process and Tools, Ensure Delivery.
- Create Safety Authorisation Reports to enable Commissioning. – Technical Reports, Ensure Safety.
- Lead investigations utilising 8D – Problem Solving,
- Ensure Safety, Satisfaction and Cost.
- Support Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Improvement Plans.
- Support our APSYS Improvement Plan deploying and improving Processes.
All about you
We value passion and attitude over experience. That’s why we don’t expect you to have every single skills. Instead we’ve listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role.
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI)
- Experience in managing quality, audit and problem-solving tools.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills coupled with excellent English and procedure writing ability.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, databases and administration skills
- Knowledge of Rail Industry practices or other safety critical industry (e.g. aerospace, automotive, oil and gas)
- Collaboration and teamworking
- IRCA registered/certified lead auditor.
- Six-Sigma Green/Black belt certified.
- Conversant/experienced with the ISO/TS 16949 :2009 automotive quality management system standard.
- Conversant/experienced with the AS9100 aerospace quality management system standard
- Conversant/experienced with the IRIS/ISO/TS 22163 rail quality management system standard.
- Conversant/experienced with the BS EN ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard.
- Knowledge & experience with using SAP MRP system.
- Knowledge & experience with coordinating Failure mode effects analysis & control plan.
Things you enjoy
Join us on a lifelong transformative journey the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues.
- Contribute to innovative projects. Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries.
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning.
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension).
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, would love to hear from you!
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary of circa £55,000 plus bonus plus 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days. Healthcare, life assurance, an excellent company contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexibility flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle.
The talent team are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role will close as soon as a suitable person has successfully passed the assessment process. To be considered please send in your application as early as possible
We value inquisitive, innovative and motivated people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable.
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. We aim to have a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals, of different ages, genders, ethnicities, disability, LGBT, religion and/or belief.
As a 'Disability Confident' employer, we will interview all disabled job applicants who match the essential criteria of the job description or specification: if you require any reasonable adjustments, please let us know.