- Prepare the project initiation document, working with the project sponsor and stakeholders to define the requirements for the project, procure the technical specification, work with procurement to define the procurement strategy, identify budgets, obtain necessary approvals.
- Set quality objectives so that the required standards and level of quality of the project deliverables are identified and agreed, and are measurable, so that the needs of stakeholders are met.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 are met in all projects
Planning and Resourcing
- Develop and implement the project execution plan.
- Develop a detailed project plan with milestones to monitor and track progress, identifying long lead and other critical path items.
- Identify and coordinate internal and external resources required to deliver the project, including people, materials and equipment.
- Manage the arrangements for commercial and technical assurance.
- Establish documentation requirements for the project, on both client and contractor side and set up the project file on SharePoint or other document management system.
- Set up and manage the project risk register.
Delivering the Project
- Working with contractors, ensure all activities, internal and external, are delivered in line with the project plan, allocating project tasks within the project team and more widely within MML as appropriate.
- Identify deviations from plan and resolve or escalate as necessary.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate change management processes.
- Manage relationships with contractors and stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and oversee all incoming and outgoing project correspondence.
- Monitor the project budget ensuring expenditure is within agreed limits, and unplanned expenditure is allowed for through a managed risk budget.
- Conduct regular risk reviews and action planning to ensure risks are managed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Use progressive assurance processes so that product quality meets the requirements from the outset.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly track, review and report on project performance and progress, work completed against plan, quality, changes, risks.
- Identify potential delays and cost increases reporting and escalating as needed.
- Prepare financial forecasts and reports.
- Lead regular project reviews with contractors and stakeholders ensuring meetings are recorded and associated actions are tracked and closed.
- Track, review and close out non-conformances.
Project Close Out
- Manage snagging so that work is delivered to the required quality and level of completion ensuring that contractors deploy the necessary resources to close out snags.
- Obtain acceptance of the delivered product from stakeholders at the end of the project, managing hand back of new and renewed assets into operation and maintenance, acting as “supplier” for the assets, in line with MML’s Asset Transfer Procedure.
- Ensure that the contractor provides a comprehensive and complete Health and Safety File.
- Achieve commercial settlement and close, resolving any outstanding claims by any party.
- Engage with contractors by attending site as required to assess progress, be involved with site issues and carry out spot checks on product quality and site safety.
- Participate in audits of site activities, actioning audit findings as required.
- Participate in investigations into incidents, accidents or near misses at site, write reports on them, and track and close out identified issues.
- Work out of hours on occasion as may be required to support emergency works or major planned overnight activity.
- Carry out on-call duties from time to time.
- Any other duties that are appropriate to the role.