If you're a Project Manager with a background in railway, are flexible and can travel to site on the occasions when required, Amaro have an exciting opportunity available for you to join our growing business.
Amaro are a Principle Network Rail Contractor providing signalling, power and telecoms services. We help some of the biggest names in rail by providing engineering and design support for their most complex and challenging projects. Established in 2011, over the years we’ve forged a reputation for service, flexibility and railway engineering excellence, offering a level of engineering and value rarely seen amongst our competitors.
What does the role entail?
You'll mainly be responsible for:
• development of project programmes and plans;
• weekly maintenance of the plan and ensuring that P6 plan is updated;
• project change control and the management of this, working alongside the quantity surveyor;
• client management and attendance at client-facing meetings;
• act as CRE on projects as required;
• ‘responsible manager’ duties, per Network Rail 019 standards;
• production of QRSA/DWWP in feeds for Amaro’s clients;
• production of commissioning weekend programmes management of project resources;
• management of HSE on project, including site inspections and liaising with HSE manager on accident investigations;
• attendance at commissioning weekends and/or key delivery weekends;
• management of project documentation;
• delivery of projects in accordance with the agreed programme;
• management and monitoring of baseline costs spend against baseline and forecast at completion on a monthly basis;
• risks and issues management with the production and maintenance of a risks and issues register;
• management of the delivery of HSEQ throughout the project lifecycle.
What skills, experience and competencies are Amaro seeking?
The following are required:
• Full UK driving license and valid PTS.
• Membership of relevant professional bodies.
• Strong leadership, management and team building skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and client-facing.
• Able to develop solid and long-lasting relationships with clients.
• Understanding of the POS licensing system.
• Solid problem solving, decision making, time management, organisational and multitasking skills.
• Sound knowledge of the railway industry and relevant rail engineering disciplines.
• Understanding of project management software
• Competence in Microsoft Office applications.
The following are desirable or working toward:
• Project management qualification such as PMP or Prince II.
What could I receive in return?
- Salary of between £55,000 and £65,000 depending upon experience.
- Seriously decent training and development opportunities (this is core to our business).
- 25 days annual leave each year plus 8 bank holidays.*
- Option to carry over up to 5 days holiday into the next holiday year.*
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday each year.*
- Up to 5 days each year for volunteering.*
- Contributory workplace pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme up to 4 times your annual salary.
- Potential discretionary annual pay increase and discretionary bonus (dependent upon business and your own performance).
- Be part of an organsiation with an inclusive culture and one in which we all support each other to be successful.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check (or other relevant UK body) and drugs and alcohol screening. In addition, dependent upon the role, the successful candidate may be required to undergo a medical examination and functional skills testing such as English and Mathematics at any point during employment.
Amaro is an equal opportunities employer and undertakes not to discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. As such, we encourage a diverse range of applicants. Should you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments to help you in any stage of the application/interview process, please let the company know as early as possible.