Do you have experience with Station Commissioning and Entry Into Service?
Would you like to work with a business that has made a lasting contribution to the economy, communities, and environment, by delivering some of the most innovative railway schemes in the UK?
The Civils & Infrastructure arm of Ford & Stanley is proud to be working in partnership with SLC Rail, a rapidly growing rail consultancy with a HQ in Birmingham and several new offices across the UK.
As an EIS Project Manager, you will be supporting the delivery of an array of interesting station and rail developments, including the largest Local Authority-led schemes in the UK, the Northumberland Line Extension. This scheme alone is due to bring up to £470m of economic benefits to local communities.
Your job will be to manage interdepartmental relationships, and ensure that all H&S, Technical, and Assurance information is accounted for. You will also act as the main interface with the ORR and other regulatory bodies.
Our client is open to candidates from a variety of backgrounds, whether that's Project/Construction delivery, Engineering, Assurance, Design Management, or perhaps someone from an Independent Assessor, looking to move into a consultancy environment.
Birmingham, Manchester, or Remote.
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays.
- Yearly profit share bonus.
- Income protection and life insurance
- The option to buy and sell annual leave
- Corporate Eyewear scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance, with the option to add family members for an additional fee.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Competitive pension.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage interdepartmental relationships, and hold Designers, Contractors and the Project Management team accountable for the delivery of EIS documentation and compliance.
- Build relationships and act as the primary interface with industry stakeholders, such as the ORR.
- Integrate the delivery of EIS Programmes.
- Possess a construction or other technical-related degree, preferably in engineering, or a minimum of HNC in a construction-related discipline e.g. Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying. (Essential)
- Solid understanding of Entry Into Service requirements and processes. (Essential)
- Hold project management qualifications, such as Prince2, APM, or a Project Management related degree. (Desirable)
- Experience in working on station-based developments. (Essential)
- Solid understanding of construction processes, and how early stages might influence EIS. (Essential)
Potential Job Titles
Project Manager, Design Manager, Programme Manager, Scheme Project Manager, Hand-back Manager, Commissioning Engineer, Commissioning Manager, Assurance Manager, Assessor.
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.