Rhomberg Sersa UK is a complete railway engineering service provider specialising in design and construction of slab track solutions, track renewal and maintenance, tunnels, stations, consultancy, planning and design.
Our main business surrounds the design and delivery of infrastructure projects across the UK and Ireland. However, as part of Rhomberg Sersa Group, we also support projects worldwide, giving a great opportunity for our staff to travel and gain global experience.
To this end, we’re searching for a highly skilled and competent project manager to contribute to our growth and help us cement our position as an innovative authority.
As a Project Manager you are the driving force behind constant business growth. You will be responsible for leading projects from design stage through to execution, producing schedules, scope, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation and opportunity identification.
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project life cycle, set project quality and performance standards, and assess and manage risk within and across multiple projects.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Co-ordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain on track in collaboration with project staff from Consultancy & Engineering, Pre-Construction, Delivery divisions.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, ensuring effective and robust communication plans are agreed and in place.
- Analyse project progress and monitor scope, timelines, costs to ensure the project team adheres to the clients’ requirements, company processes and legislation.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources
- Manage quality and efficiency improvement initiatives for projects.
- Report project outcomes and /or risks through the appropriate management channels – escalating issues as required based on project work plans.
- Support the Senior Project Manager with bid management activities as required.
- Conduct lessons learnt post project delivery and implement as necessary.
- Drive and support Social Impact agendas / initiatives.
- Mentor / coach Assistant Project Managers.
Key Skills, Attributes and Competencies
- Developing and tracking budgets
- Planning and organisation
- Detail orientated
- Risk management
- Critical Thinking
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Performance management
- Coaching and developing others
- Multi-tasking and delegation
- Degree qualified within a Project Management or construction related field or equivalent experience
- Solid technical background, with hands on experience in delivering rail infrastructure projects
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including SharePoint)
- Experience of Project Management software tools
- Prince Foundation & Practitioner certified desirable.
- 25 days leave per year plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance 3 times your basic salary
- Private Medical
- Buy & Sell Holiday Scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- An annual professional institution subscription scheme
- Agile Working
Rhomberg Sersa is dedicated to cultivating and maintaining a culture of diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Rhomberg Sersa, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.