About The Role
A new and fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our team in the capacity of a Project Engineer (E&P).
Our Telecoms and E&P group have a proven record in project delivery from large to small multi/single discipline projects, providing engineering support and assurance on numerous regional and national rail frameworks throughout the UK. Working within the Project Engineering division, we have a team of experienced, flexible and multiskilled engineers with the right-first-time approach to delivery on an exciting and challenging portfolio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As a Project Engineer you will be directly involved in supporting the successful and safe delivery of Project deliverables within Project team, ensuring that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
Responsibilities will include;
- Liaising with Project Manager / Client to ascertain project requirements and understanding project remit.
- Collating / reviewing site diaries and reporting / recording any issues
- Identifying all project specific engineering requirements and ensuring all relevant documentation has been provided to the Design/ Construction teams to an auditable standard.
- Briefing project documentation to project team, subcontractors and stakeholders as identified.
- Identifying and managing any project specific requirements such as disconnections, permits and access requirements.
- Ensuring project specific site inductions are undertaken and liaising with relevant stakeholders and other third parties.
- Liaising with Safe Work Planners and Construction teams to ensure isolation, possession and safe work plans have been identified and booked in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Construction team to identify all requirements for plant, specialist tools and equipment for project delivery.
- Understanding project remit with ability to identify scope changes and managing through the change control process.
- Supporting specific business initiatives as required.
- Supporting the bid team in the preparation of technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids
- Undertaking regular review of standards, regulation, legislation and processes (internal/ external) and ensuring their implementation
- Participating at readiness checks to ensure that engineering activities are planned thoroughly in a safe and effective manner.
- Supporting creativity and innovation within the engineering team.
- Undertaking safety and quality inspections as required
- Ensuring that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Maintaining engineering log book and CPD
- Complying to all business related GDPR process.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work as a team member and demonstratable organisation and time management skills
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio and Microsoft J.
- Experience in Rail Engineering Systems
- Knowledge of Project Plans/Change Control
- Basic understanding and awareness of the CDM Regulations
- A flexible and positive approach to your work
- Driving licence
- Engineering Technician
- ONC/ A Level
- 3- 5 years’ experience in project engineering (E&P)
- CRE experience
Working out on site, All shifts
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.