JOB TITLE: Programme Manager
REPORTING TO: Head of business Improvement
FUNCTION: Industry Projects & Planning
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Month FTC
Purpose of job
Act as a Business Partner to all Project Managers, with responsibility for the overall co-ordination of projects across the business, providing leadership, integration and management of Programmes of work and the PMO processes to improve the consistency and efficiency of project delivery.
- Achieving cooperation, compliance and engagement in the value of a PMO function in an environment of conflicting interests and opinions.
- Understand the project portfolio and how all projects link to the delivery of the business plan, informing the development and prioritisation of project initiatives.
- Build collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assessing and enhancing cross-functional project capability.
- Successfully leading cross-functional projects to deliver the identified benefits in line with Project governance.
- Leading and supporting all project managers through the change assurance process, continually reviewing and reporting progress to provide a holistic view of all project activity through portfolio reporting.
- Provide project coaching and training to build capability within the organisation and keep an up to date view of portfolio resource profile.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are proactively understood and effectively communicated, monitored and evaluated through key performance indicators.
- Track benefits realisation and return on investment progress, clearly demonstrating the business impact through performance data.
- Any other duties required by your manager relevant to the post
- Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications & Training
- Project and Programme Management experience
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Business change
- Experience of setting up and successfully managing a PMO
- Stakeholder management
- Set up and maintenance of accurate reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Coaching skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Outcomes focused attitude
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)