We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager for a permanent position based in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the Electrical Shop, Raft Build, Engine Build and Transmission Build Staffing Levels are correct to deliver the demanded workloads in line with the weekly production plans – labour hours management.
• To optimise the Electrical Shop, Raft Build, Engine Build and Transmission Build operations to ensure that the production plan is consistently met on time, at the right quality and within the agreed annual budget for your area of control.
• Ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, and Business Management procedures and processes always.
• Accountable to the Head of Operations for ensuring that all manufacturing, maintenance, overhaul, and repair work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
• Responsible within your area of control to ensure adequate information, instruction, training, and supervision is provided to maintain the Health and Safety of all staff and visitors.
• Accountable to the Head of Operations to ensure that all work in your area of responsibility is planned, coordinated, controlled and all completed work, is correctly signed-off to documented standards / specifications.
• Responsible for providing a safe working environment, safe facility, and safe plant & equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring that material used within your area of control is correctly accounted for to assist the Supply Chain in delivering availability of materials and components to the right place at the right time and in the right condition.
• Liaise closely with the Engineering and Quality functions to ensure that issues are identified, investigated, and resolved to a route cause outcome.
• Work with the Operational Excellence Team to develop and implement best practice lean techniques, production processes and procedures that ensure that the business operates safely, efficiently and with a continuous improvement mind set.
• Publish the agreed business, daily, weekly monthly performance metrics for your area of control.
• Produce Weekly / Monthly reports as requested by Head of Operations in line with Business / Corporate Governance Requirements.
Background & Experience:
• Demonstrable leadership experience, good financial understanding and people management skills are extremely important in this role.
• Have a background in business skills, management, budgeting, costs control and analysis.
• A firm grasp of manufacturing related activities
• Experienced in lean manufacturing, process flow, and continuous improvement tools and methodologies.
• An excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks.
• A team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
• Demonstrate strong behaviours of integrity, professionalism, and respect for others.
Qualifications & Education Required:
• HNC or equivalent in production, manufacturing, engineering, or a related field.
• Technical or Production based vocational training.
• Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio desirable.