Salary: Base salary: £30,150 pa to £37,700 c.pa depending on skills and experience. In addition, we offer flexible benefits fund of 15% which is paid on top of the base salary and is fully pensionable, as well as a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives, and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish, and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
As a Procurement Officer (Stations & Phase Two – Procurement) at HS2 you will be working within a small team to deliver the procurement activities of a number of procurement ‘packages’, with each package between £10m and £1bn. Each Procurement Officer will work closely with colleagues across the business to prepare and will be responsible for supporting the management and administrative activities necessary to deliver each package. The Procurement Officer operates within the HS2 strategic framework in line with policy, displaying HS2 values, formulating and supporting the delivery of the agreed procurement strategy to a successful conclusion, and in so doing lays the foundation to realising HS2 benefits.
About the role
- Support the development of the procurement deliverables required for HS2 assurance and governance in accordance with the HS2 Procure to Pay process on a package-by-package basis. This includes responsibility for the development of elements of the necessary Prequalification and ITT documentation to agreed timelines.
- Support the management of the procurement evaluation processes including short-listing and contract award recommendations are assured and delivered to agreed timeline.
- Innovation, value for money and legacy are key strategic themes within the project delivery strategy that the Procurement Officer will help to implement and embed within the process and contracts that will form the foundation of the successful delivery of the project.
- Deliver elements of and support the management of major procurements from strategy development, expression of interest to contract award in an efficient and accurate manner, meeting the timelines required.
- Support the Interface with suppliers during pre-procurement market engagement, and at controlled points throughout the process, delivering compliant outcomes in accordance with published procedures, protecting the probity of the process and always maintaining compliant procurements.
- Support the delivery of elements of major procurements in compliance with the agreed procurement plans for each package in accordance with statutory requirements and relevant government policies, demonstrating its procurements are fair, transparent, non-discriminatory and deliver value for money.
- Provide support to colleagues within the team and in other areas in the use of eSourcing.
- Support successful assurance and governance outcomes, through production of supporting documentation
Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies, and procedures on EDI.
- Ability to engage with internal stakeholders, to secure progression of the procurement process.
- Analytical and decision-making skills supported by commercial awareness; and
- Skilled in compiling tender and commercial documents.
- Governance, Assurance & Compliance
- Strategy Development
- Project Management & Planning
- Estimating & Cost Planning
- UCR/PCR Application
- Bespoke Third-Party Agreements
- Contract Management & Administration
- Dispute Resolution
- Cost Control
- Risk & Value Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Desirable Memberships / Qualifications – working towards MCIPS
- Experience of procuring construction or technical contracts or similar services, with risk and complexity, through OJEU and/or frameworks.
- Understanding of project scheduling and planning; and
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Enterprise Bridge, or similar document management software.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application; however, we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.