Do you find your self in a repetitive position? Are you looking to work on some of the highest profile of projects? Maybe your looking for a role that will allow you flexibility and progression within the rail industry? I’m currently looking for a Principal Town Planner with experience in the Rail industry to expand a Signature Team in the UK, on various high profile infrastructure projects.
The team is now seeking to grow and strengthen their Environment team in either their Birmingham, Manchester or York offices, which is now delivering consents for various infrastructure projects, including High Speed 2 main works.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate of experience within the Civil Engineering, Transportation or Infrastructure Sectors.
As the Principal Town Planner, you will also have experience in the delivery and development of consents under a range of legislation, including TCPA, DCO, TWAO.
- Management and co-ordination of complex projects
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver planning, environmental and highway related consents
- Experience undertaking deliverable checks and reviews as part of the quality assurance process
- Collaborating with Local Authorities, statutory bodies and other transport authorities to ensure proactive delivery of consents
- Experience in a variety of licensing, consent types and consenting regimes
- Chartered Town Planner (RTPI), with additional professional memberships optional
Main Duties of the role:
- Responsible for securing statutory consents, prepare consent documents, working with Local Authorities, statutory bodies and other transport authorities
- Managing an extensive consents portfolio, in part thought the use of a central project consents register, ensuring that all required consents are applied for in accordance with project programmes
- Managing and coordinating the applications, negotiations and implementation of all necessary consents
- Provide technical guidance to discipline teams
- Develop innovative solutions to consent problems
- Responsible for mentoring and development of staff
- Responsible for the allocation of work to designers including utilisation
- Collaborate with international technical design teams in the delivery of consents
- Contributing to business development, network development, and work winning.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Town Planner to progress their career within an inspiring and enthusiastic environment.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.