Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of Telecoms design, supporting a dedicated Telecoms systems design engineering team. In addition, they will manage the telecoms systems elements of a complete project. Being an experienced Senior Systems Engineer, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will
- Preparation of safety critical Telecoms design, plans and technical details, including TSR’s, ensuring compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements Preparation of engineering solutions, presentation of engineering options
- Preparation of feasibility studies, outline project specifications and other written documents
- Production of Telecoms layouts
- Production of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Production checking of team’s work prior to independent check
- Independent checking of non-principles design
- Site visits and correlation surveys, inspection of equipment and condition monitoring
- Undertaking design office cover during commissioning works
- Delivery of work (personal workload and that of suppliers, designers and technicians under the Job Holder’s control) to programme, budget and specification
- Establishment of and review / update of internal design standards and / or processes to achieve a continuous improvement in quality and efficiency
- Contribution to long-term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices
- Training and development / mentoring of junior staff within the Section Planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Technical evaluation of tenders, estimating and bid writing including negotiating with clients and identifying clarifications, unique selling point, methodologies and risks
- Ensure that design is effectively produced using the CAD system in accordance with office procedures
- Updating of designs and records
- Client and third-party liaison
- Representing the company on technical matters
- Developing and mentoring junior staff
We want to hear from you if
- HNC/HND or equivalent but relevant experience may be accepted in lieuI
- RSE Designer Licence
- Corporate Membership of the IRSE (desirable)Relevant experience in the design of Telecoms layouts, with a good knowledge of conventional technologies and the interface to processor-based systems
- Successful experience in leading design teams or supervising junior engineers
- A good knowledge of rail industry practice and familiarity with railway standards is essential
- Experience with Operational Telecommunications, Station information and Security Systems (SISS) and SCADA Telecoms PTS trained
- Our rewards make us feel valued. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and more
Your career at with my client
My client values collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. We’ll recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
Position: Principal Systems (Telecoms) Engineer Job Family: Consulting Posting advertised: 28 Feb 2022 - 31 Dec 2099Contract Type: Permanent Position: Principal Systems (Telecoms) Engineer Job Family: Consulting Contract Type: Permanent Position advertised: 28 Feb 2022 - 31 Dec 2099
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you? With my client, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life.
Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive. It’s where you feel valued and alive Fresh Challenge, new opportunity We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and HS2.The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, my client has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Fission recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job.