Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
As a Senior member of our Transport Advisory team, you’ll be leading and working with our highly skilled project teams to deliver high quality, innovative solutions for our clients. We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to continue to develop and deliver across our portfolio of work within the UK rail Passenger Services Contract space. You will be responsible for the management of work packages and programmes of work in the rail passenger services space; providing technical and commercial advice in the specification, design, evaluation and implementation of rail Passenger Service Contracts. Your technical, business development, management and leadership expertise will be integral to our growth and delivery in the future.
As part of our Transport Advisory team, you will join us in being committed to delivering our Business Plan. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring ‘Everyone goes home safely’, our core business value.
- Actively engaging with EDI initiatives and evolving your own EDI journey.
- Supporting our ‘People and Culture’ initiatives which include collaboration and innovation.
- Achieving growth across our business through contributing to winning work and expanding our capability to deliver to key target markets.
- Delivering excellence in your work through adherence to best practice and business management guidance.
Your day-to-day role will provide you with a positive challenge to utilise and develop your existing skillset.
- You will help lead, develop and deliver our offering across the rail sector with a focus on providing technical and commercial advice for Passenger Services Contracts.
- You will be responsible for developing new and existing relationships with clients.
- You will be responsible for the planning, monitoring and delivery of projects against time and budget proposals, whilst actively adapting to change.
- You will prepare reports and presentations for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You will support the team to maintain high standards of quality assurance.
- You will support business development and bidding activities.
- You will be empowered and supported to continually develop yourself and those around you.
What You Can Bring?
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a numeric or analytical field.
- A post-graduate qualification would be advantageous.
- A portfolio of project experience demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the rail industry, the challenges it faces and the opportunities for change as the part of the transition in alignment with the Governments White Paper for Rail.
- Proven experience in the application of industry standard guidance, principles and guidance including Green Book principles, WebTAG guidance and PDFH.
- Established networks across the rail industry and a motivation to expand these internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills with strong report writing capability, with extensive experience preparing and presenting information to a range of audiences.
- Excellent numeric and problem-solving skills and an aptitude for developing and applying a range of analytical techniques.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality analysis to tight deadlines and excellent organisational skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment combined with the drive and ability to work independently.
- Exceptional client focus and commitment to exceeding clients’ expectations.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
Read more about 'Total Reward'.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed.
Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.