Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal E&P Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of E&P design activity, leading a dedicated Electrical Power design engineering team on projects. In addition, they will provide leadership and mentorship to junior design engineers.
Being an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
• Planning surveys and leading site survey teams
• Demonstrating a sound understanding of the design process
• Ability to design and check designs where required
• Managing CDM/risk analyses and attending HAZID workshops
• Undertaking the role of Contractor’s Responsible Engineer in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
• Approving designs to ensure all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards
• Keeping up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
• Briefing electrical power design teams on contractual requirements and standards/workscopes
• Managing the Electrical Power element of a complete project
• Effective communication with the client including representing Electrical Power design at client meetings and responding professionally to client feedback/DRNs
• Effective communication with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors including representing Electrical Power design at IDC meetings
• Ensuring work is undertaken to programme and budget
• Undertaking high complexity design cost estimates and assisting with bid development work
• Developing and mentoring junior staff
• Preparing high level reports and feasibility studies
• Supporting the growth of the business, in particular the provision of Electrical and Lighting design services to both new and existing clients
• Deputise for the Principal Engineering Manager when required
We want to hear from you if:
• BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
• Preferably holding professional registration as an Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the IET. (Working towards is also acceptable)
• Full UK driving licence
• 17th Edition of IET Wiring Regulations
• Excellent level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Highly proficient in the use of the English language (both written and spoken)
• Comprehensive knowledge of Network Rail, British and European electrical and lighting Standards
• Sound understanding of systems engineering including the Verification & Validation and SRAM processes
• Excellent understanding of CDM and CSM processes with exceptional skills for managing hazards and risks
• Good understanding of project management processes and structures
• Demonstrates excellent commercial awareness
• Preferably eight years postgraduate experience in railway electrical power design (e.g. signalling power, points heating, lighting and building services, etc.)
• An ability to identify innovative solutions to problems, with an interest in the application and promotion of energy reduction techniques
• Exemplary organisational and leadership skills
• Experienced with leading teams during site surveys
• Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering projects and administering design staff
• Uses clear communication lines within the electrical design team
• Ability to fully undertake the role of Contractor’s Responsible Engineer in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
Our rewards make us feel valued. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
• Competitive salary
• Exceptional development and progression plan
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and more
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. We’ll recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With my client, you’ll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Fresh Challenge, new opportunity
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and HS2.
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, my client has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Fission Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for this job.