We are now seeking to strengthen and grow our Engineering team in our Birmingham office, initially working as part of our Main Works Civils High Speed 2 project team, by recruiting an experienced Principal Drainage Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a range of experience within the Civil Engineering/Transportation/Infrastructure sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Principal Drainage Engineer to further their career in a highly motivated and inspirational environment, whilst supporting the growth of the team.
- Act as design production lead of work packages
- Lead technical excellence in delivery of designs
- Delivery of technically sound solutions are produced meeting client specifications, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme and within budget.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers, graduates
- Develop innovative solutions to design problems
- Responsible for mentoring and development of staff
- Responsible for the allocation of work to designers including utilisation
- Collaborate with international technical design teams in the delivery of designs.
- Responsible for the production of all design to resolve client challenges
- Responsible for the delivery of CDM and design compliances
- Responsible for Surface Water Management Plans, Surface Water and Foul Water Drainage Strategy.
- Water resource availability / deployable output assessment and analysis, incorporating consideration of climate change impacts
- Delivering Flood Risk Assessments (fluvial and pluvial) to support planning applications
- Experience of working on infrastructure, transportation or civil engineering projects
- Experience creating Surface Water and Foul Water Management Plans and strategy
- Drainage design experience on infrastructure projects
- Chartered Engineer, MICE or CIWEM or equivalent
- Software - Experience of using Microdrainage and/or InfoWorks
In return, we offer a very competitive salary with a comprehensive and attractive benefits package with opportunities for flexible working and career development
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Our client is looking to expand our Signature Team in the UK, working on high profile infrastructure projects such as Transpennine Route Upgrade and HS2, we are building on our 50 years of success in the UK by growing our team and looking for passionate people to deliver projects across our portfolio.
Environmental Services cover a wide range of disciplines including ecology, landscape, climate change adaptation, water resources, flood risk and surface water. This is built on my clients history of providing specialisms in mass transit and rail market since 1957 across 80 countries.
Fission recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job/