We are immediately hiring for an experienced Principal Engineer - Civils with significant rail industry experience to join our busy and growing team. The Principal Engineer is a key role within our organisation which takes responsibility for the efficient and effective delivery of projects, ensuring the needs of the client and the business are met. The role could be based out of our Birmingham, Manchester, York, Bristol or Reading offices and will focus on key projects such as the Transpennine Route upgrade, Gatwick Station and East Coast Power Supply Upgrade. The role will have significant flexibility to balance collaborative, office based working with working from home on an ongoing basis.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Principal Engineer will proactively contribute to the effective and consistent implementation of company policies and procedures whilst maximising all opportunities with clients. As a Chartered Engineer you will apply company procedures and systems to promote high levels of health, safety and wellbeing of staff and other stakeholders whilst leading and managing a team of Civil Engineers, graduates and technicians You will also assist in safeguarding profitability through engagement with Project Managers and promote efficient engineering delivery based on a "right first time" principle. This is a line management role and the post-holder will be responsible for expanding the skill set of the team as well as contributing to furthering company ventures as they develop.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree in the Engineering space.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Professionally qualified Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and
- Ability in the application of safety standards, CDM regulations and in the application and teaching of civil engineering design principles and standards.
- Ability in the application and teaching of construction principles and standards including experience of project delivery in construction related markets.
- Experienced at working with contractors in a design and build environment.
- Experienced within the rail sector and ability in the use of Network Rail procedures and standards.
- Experience of contract conditions, processes and procedures.
- Ability in programming, budgets and timescales
- Experience of the transportation sector.
- Demonstrable line management experience.
- Experience of designing and checking civil engineering deliverables.
- Ability in the use of Eurocodes.
- Experience in the use of computer analysis programs
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Fission recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job/