Rhomberg Sersa UK is offering an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Consultancy & Engineering Services team based in Chesterfield. The successful candidate will bring skills in design, appreciation and interest in construction methods, willingness to learn and a professional approach.
To provide engineering solutions in tender, design, and delivery stages of projects, including acting as CRE as/where required for the design and/or construction. To participate in the development of the Consultancy (Engineering & Technical Services) team.
Your Key Accountabilities
- Engineering Quality Assurance (QA) on site independent from the Infrastructure Delivery Team (Engineer)
- Planning, estimating and logistics for solutions designed in house or by others
- Support in the development and application of digital engineering methods, processes, and tools
- Generation of design scopes for subcontractor procurement and management
- Planning of design services for tendering and management of delivery
- Risks captured for tender review and throughout design process and/or transfer to construction phase planning
- Interfaces surrounding key disciplines identified, described, and managed
- Design for construction at all stages from concept to delivery
- Best viable solution to suit customer and circumstances
- Design checking
- Design Reports including system descriptions, design summary etc.
Required Attributes, Behaviours and Skills
- Commercial & Financial Awareness
- Innovation & Problem Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Development of Self and Others
- Management of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Demonstrate initiative and lead a team
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Degree level qualification in Engineering (civil or structural preferred)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards professional membership of a relevant institution.
- Able to demonstrate significant experience with or in one or more (design and or construction) area:
- Reinforced concrete for slabs, pavements, or beams
- Precast concrete
- Foundations, such as:
- Soil stabilisation
- Track systems & components
- P-Way design
- Formation & Drainage
- Management of subcontractors delivering survey, GI and design services.
- Experience/capability to act as CRE
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations
- IT skills covering ideally:
- BIM (as many aspects as possible)
- Some CAD tools.
- CDE e.g. Bentley ProjectWise use.
- Agile Working
- Car Allowance
- 25 days leave plus Public Holidays per year
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance 2 times your basic salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave pay
- 2 CSR days per year
- Buy and Sell Holidays
- Professional Development & Fees paid to one association
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Rhomberg Sersa is committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity. We welcome the contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, the nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.