We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Principal Bridge Engineer to join our nationally focussed bridge assessment, repair, refurbishment and renewals design team with a focus on highways and conventional rail projects. The Principal Bridge Engineer will join a growing team which delivers on challenging and high-profile projects across the UK. The role has long term flexibility to work from home balanced with collaborative work from our Glasgow office. Our current team workload includes significant input on the TransPennine Route Upgrade East of Leeds Project as well as a number of bridge repair, maintenance and renewal packages with Design and Build contractors.
This position within our bridge engineering team will suit a committed and ambitious engineer who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part in both delivering projects and growing relationships with new and existing clients. The role also provides an opportunity to guide the growth and development a dynamic high-performance team.
Senior Bridge Engineers are responsible for leading the delivery of allocated civil engineering work packages.
- Identification of the key resources and timescales required to deliver projects.
- To take a leading role in the delivery of Bridge Design input through the Glasgow bridges team supporting Engineering and Consultancy Highway projects and conventional rail projects.
- Build relationships with D&B Contractors to grow workload in the bridge refurbishment and renewal market
- To provide guidance to junior team members on best practice in preparation of design submissions
- To complete robust checking of design submissions to ensure they meet with current standards and client expectations.
- Leading the development of technical solutions to client remits
- Responsible for the discipline strategy, recruitment and development of staff
- Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
- Ensuring compliance with Company, Client, National and International standards and policies
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Experience of carrying out Principal Engineer role in highway bridge design across a range of structure types
- Experience of providing technical leadership to design teams
- Experience of working on Network Rail Bridge Assessments an advantage but not essential
- Development and leadership of developing teamsesign (CAD) including Bentley Microstation;
Established in 2007, Fission Recruitment specialise in the recruitment of permanent employees and contractors for the rail and highways industry.
Key to what we do is assist our candidate in their long-term planning and continued skill acquisition. We offer free advice, industry knowledge and CV consultation, ensuring that all candidates have equal opportunities to develop their career.
Please apply to find out more details about how we can help you find your next position. We understand that every individual looks for a new role for a number of different reasons, whether it’s financial, culture, sustainability or equality and diversity, we can help you navigate your way to success.
Fission Recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job.