Full-time or flexible. (UK wide opportunities)
Due to our continuous growth at RSS Infrastructure, SMTH Testers are required for Signalling (S&T) projects across the UK. We work for a number of clients as a Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractor across England.
This is a nationwide opportunity, so if you’re looking for a change and have the skills we’re looking for, we want to hear from you!
Duties for the role of Points Tester:
- Carry out the building of Points Operating Equipment from scratch. Including several different types of points like Clamp Locks, In-Bearer Clamp Locks Mk2 & Mk3. HW & HPSS
- Assisting signalling Works Testers as part of commissioning work.
- Carry out maintenance work on POE in line with Network Rail standards and the timescale as specified in the maintenance schedule, Task Briefings and as directed by the Team Supervisor.
- Assist in checking/investigating safety standards and/or system failures.
- Work with and support the development of the signalling team.
- Report problems arising during maintenance, installation and following completion of work.
- Previous experience working as a Points Tester
- Car driver with ability to travel and potentially work away from home as and when necessary
- IRSE licence is preferred – IRSE Licence Categories 2.105 for Signalling Point Fitter
- 4.160 Signal Maintenance Tester
- If you do not have IRSE, we may be able to consider SMTH, HW2000, HPSS and evidence of your work
Whilst we work across the whole of England, a lot of our work is based around Cardiff, Milton Keynes, Plymouth, Doncaster, Birmingham and Kettering. We welcome applicants from anywhere in the UK.
PAYE, permanent roles OR flexible zero-hour options