You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
We are looking to recruit Permanent Way Engineers at all levels (Design, Senior and Principal) to join our Central Rail Systems Alliance team.
- Higher Educational Qualification or working towards.
- Preferably Eng Tech or IEng (From either PWI, ICE or IMech) or working towards professional qualification.
- Experience in permanent way design.
- Able to author technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Good understanding of Network Rail, London Underground & Railway Group standards as well as the relevant British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
- Develop broad technical competence and able to check work of all those in the project team.
- An understanding of track construction methods, stageworks of projects, PWay components and surveys.
- Proficient in Microstation and Bentley Rail Track (BRT) design software production as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A working knowledge of using ClearRoute 2 software.
- Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost.
- A willingness to work flexibly (as required) to assist in the delivery of projects.
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger team capable of completing work within budget and to programme.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
Read more about 'Total Reward'.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed.
Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.