We have an exciting new Performance Engineer vacancy on our Birmingham Trams Project. As the Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for the management of all safety, reliability and technical issues on the vehicles, providing technical support to team leaders and technicians. As the Performance Engineer, you will analyse vehicle data, client reports and defects, along with other sources of information to maintain safe and reliable vehicles for use in passenger service. The role may on occasion involve some UK and Europe travel to engage with other CAF projects or suppliers.
We are looking for a people leader, and natural collaborator, who can hit the ground running, and develop high performing teams. Excellent organisational, communication, and time management skills are crucial and we welcome applicants who can demonstrate, and uphold, our values of honesty and integrity.
The annual salary range for this role is between £50,000 and £60,000, depending upon experience. Please see our excellent employee benefits listed below.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring and reporting of the fleet and materials performance and suggest methods to improve its reliability.
- Daily review of in-service failures and vehicle availability.
- Regular review of defective material to establish the root cause.
- Management of Safety Related Defects (SRDs), ensuring the project tracker and is maintained and updated regularly.
- Utilising GMAO, LeadMind or other sources of data to produce detailed trend analysis of vehicle system and component failures for inclusion in reports or review at technical meetings.
- Attend daily, weekly, and monthly client meetings as appropriate.
- Generate WECRs or other such business reports as required.
- Develop relationships and processes with suppliers to ensure warranty issues are addressed expediently and corrective actions are applied.
- Provide general materials engineering support and problem solving for technical and procurement departments.
- Support the vandalism process between CAF and the client
- Identification of modifications to improve fleet reliability.
- Manage and support the Engineering Change process.
- Produce detailed technical investigative reports on significant safety and technical faults.
- Utilise specialist measurement and monitoring equipment to aid in the diagnosis of on-vehicle faults
- Produce, manage, and update reliability and availability data to assist with the customer arbitration process.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to agree the priority of repairs, modifications and campaigns, providing supporting documentation as required
- Support the training of CAF, client, or maintainer employees.
- Ensuring that all direct reports receive an adequate induction, training plan and training
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with Rail Services After Sales Engineering and other Performance Engineers and Managers through CAF Rail UK.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILL
- HNC/D or above in an Engineering related discipline
- Experience in a Systems Reliability and Performance role.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven experience in planning and organising
- Experience writing technical reports
- Planning and organisation skills.
- The ability to act decisively and solve employee, vehicle, or equipment-related problems.
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programs.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, able to communicate in a multi-national and culturally diverse organisation.
- Initiative, can work alone to achieve results effectively.
- Team player, works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues.
- Problem solving, thoroughly assesses every side of a situation before deciding on an appropriate course of action.
- Adaptable, able to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At CAF Rail UK, diversity and inclusion is recognised and valued and difference is respected. As a proud member of WISE, we are committed to diversifying our workforce and nurturing a workplace culture of inclusion for all colleagues. Our mission is to identify, attract, and retain a diverse range of colleagues with a wealth of experience and talent from a wide candidate pool.
We support difference, and acknowledge that we are able to better succeed together with a diverse team of employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe everyone deserves to be treated fairly and feel included. We recruit based on capability and performance - regardless of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or disability.
CAF RAIL UK EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
At CAF Rail UK, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of all our employees. Through our benefits programme, we aim to enhance employee engagement and promote a positive workplace culture, where all employees are valued and supported. We are proud to offer our employees:
- Generous annual leave balances
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- Excellent workplace pension scheme
- Wealth Management & access to financial workshops
- Bike2Work scheme
- Access to a dedicated and supportive EAP as well as a generous health care cash plan
- Access to a exclusive rewards, discounts and special offers at over 1000 leading high street and online retailers
- Flexible Working and Family Friendly company policies
- Life Assurance
- Professional Membership and Sponsorship
- Charity days in support of Corporate Social Responsibility
ABOUT CAF RAIL UK
CAF Rail UK is a world class leader in the international market for the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for railway systems. We're proud to be recognised for our versatility, flexibility and for our capacity to constantly adapt and innovate.
CAF Rail UK operates from several locations across the UK. Employing over 250 people at depots in Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Birmingham, and Wembley, we're excited by our growth and the opportunities this brings to our team.
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the rail industry? Want to be proud of where you work and what you do? Searching for an engaging role where you will be a valued member of the team and supported to be your best? Apply today to join an industry leader and an organisation where people matter.