Atkins wants to shake up services in asset management.
Asset management needs people at all levels who see the bigger picture. Our clients are demanding support in areas beyond traditional engineering. We want to provide holistic services that allow our clients to become asset management leaders.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced individual to fill a Senior Consultant role; an individual who can lead pavement asset management projects in our Digital Asset Management practice, win work for our teams and help our clients get the most out of the assets they are responsible for.
We are interested in applications from people with a strong understanding of asset management in its broadest sense combined with operational pavement engineering expertise. Knowledge and experience of asset investment planning, digital delivery, training, outsourcing, and business change and communications. Our roots are in engineering, so we also need engineers who have experience of managing pavement assets in the context of business objectives and creating and assessing cases for pavement investment.
If you have a combination of experience in these areas you may fit into our team.
Whatever your background and experience, you’ll be a confident communicator and happy to dive into technical detail, to challenge others and generating business improvement opportunities. You’ll also be comfortable developing relationships with clients and securing work for the wider team.
You’ll be working with our clients to deliver diverse asset management projects. These could cover anything from implementing innovative uses of new technology, formulating national asset management guidance, providing strategic direction for asset management policy, supporting value management activities, and using data and analysis tools to develop works programmes. Wherever you’re based, you’ll have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
These roles will ideally be based in Glasgow, Manchester or Birmingham, though we’re happy to be flexible on the location (including home working) as we have a geographically dispersed UK team.
Regular travel to other UK offices and occasional overseas travel forms part of this role.
- Managing and delivering a variety of projects in the field of asset management and pavement engineering.
- Managing others within diverse teams to deliver projects or programmes.
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the Practice and the services we should offer to meet client needs.
- Supporting the day to day running of the Practice by managing finances, helping to organise our workload and developing the skills of others.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with clients to secure new, additional or repeat business.
We’re looking to hear from candidates with the following attributes:
- Degree in civil engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Significant experience of managing teams, projects and programmes.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of pavement design principles (Flexible, Rigid and Composite Pavements).
- Sound knowledge and understanding of pavement materials (Concrete, Asphalt and Hydraulically Bound Materials).
- Experience in the use of UK standards for the design of pavements.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and practices for new construction and maintenance works, including recycling.
- Experience in specification, execution, analysis and interpretation of a comprehensive range of pavement investigation and evaluation techniques.
- Chartered or close to chartered or incorporated membership of a relevant professional institution or equivalent.
- Experience of pavement value management, investment planning and pavement scheme development.
- Good knowledge of asset management practices and of the ISO 55000 series and their practical application.
- Experience of providing definition to complex business problems and delivering projects that address them.
- Experience of managing complex stakeholder groups and communicating technical or challenging messages to obtain buy-in to business change.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Experience of contributing to the development of national guidance documents.
- Experience and understanding of asset modelling and decision support tools.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed.
Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.