We are seeking an experienced PA to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (hybrid working) on a 6 month FTC/Secondment.
You will act as the point of contact and provide a professional and confidential administrative support service to the Executive Team.
Duties will include;
- preparation of presentations, letters, memorandums and reports.
- Manage and prioritise the response to telephone calls, e-mails and other contacts, ensuring that priority items requiring personal attention of the Executive Team are flagged.
- Provide first-class diary management, managing the Executive Team’s schedule, ensuring they are well briefed for all meetings to maximise the efficiency of their working day.
- Arrange both internal and external meetings, ensuring that all relevant paperwork is provided in advance, and that action notes or minutes are produced in a timely manner as necessary.
- Organise team and leadership events, managing invitations, agenda and all other organisational arrangements to ensure a quality outcome.
- Procure hotel accommodation, external meeting facilities, business travel etc on behalf of the Executive Team.
- Organise and prepare draft reports, as required, edit and otherwise ensure reports are to a high standard and appropriately formatted.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate the following in your application;
- Significant administrative/PA experience
- Experience of preparing reports, correspondence and presentations
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to write with clarity and accuracy
- Excellent telephone manner
- Proficient at taking minutes of meetings
- Ability to anticipate requirements and effectively problem solve
- Experience of developing effective working relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good team player
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to respond to changing demands/priorities.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and able to meet deadlines
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers