Aaron Rail is part of the Aaron Engineering Group, a multi-disciplined group of companies providing expert services, solutions and resource to the Property, Rail and HV Electrical Sectors in the UK.
Established for over 25 years, Aaron Engineering Group works with customers to deliver specialist engineering solutions that provide optimal performance for their projects’ needs.
We are currently looking to hire a P&D Supervisor/Planning PIC to work on current and future projects, as outlined below, with immediate effect.
Salary - very competitive daily rate which will be negotiated at interview.
To manage the HV installations across Projects W1 & W2 for Rail Systems within the Transpire Alliance, supporting all contracts and projects on Transpire, and to achieve targets and project objectives in respect of team development and staff utilisation.
Required Safety Training:
· COSS (preferred)
· Emergency First Aid at work
· IOSHH Managing Safely
· Project Induction
This role will comply with all relevant Network Rail Standards, British Standards and European standards, as applicable to the role and activities undertaken.
· To promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety.
· Ensuring project compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and other appropriate regulations such as CDM 2015.
· Managing, coaching and motivating members of the project team.
· Identifying and documenting ongoing continuous improvement opportunities.
· Supporting post-project reviews.
· Supporting a formal Handover Plan / Control Plan to transition the ongoing ownership of project-related activities to appropriate business owners.
· Documenting follow-on actions and recommendations.
· Identifying change.
· Managing geographically spread multi-disciplinary Project Alliance teams including: design, environmental, consents, commercial, procurement, estimating, programme controls, engineering, survey, construction, health and safety; and others to identify and deliver solutions to meet client requirements and establish robust baseline plans.
· Responsible for the submission of accurate site records to enable effective monitoring of programme and cost plans as requested to agreed format as applicable
· Ensure that tool box talks, task briefs and COSS briefs are carried out for all work tasks prior to commencement of work for allocated contracts
· Ensure that all allocated tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working
· Responsible for ordering and receipt of site deliverables, timely returns of goods receipts notices
· Responsible for ordering and receipt of site plant, including security and timely off–hire
· Supervise sub contractors, contract staff and direct labour for allocated site activities
· Carry out performance reviews for direct reports, administering poor performance, attendance management and disciplinary procedures as applicable
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
· The ability to supervise and lead the site team in the successful delivery of the allocated contracts for P&D
· Strong interpersonal skills to influence and communicate effectively with site staff and project team
· Experience of railway construction management for specific discipline
· Supervisory Management training / qualification with significant practical experience
· Computer literacy – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Must hold a driving licence.
· Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
IOSH Managing Safely