About The Role
Due to continuous growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and dedicated individual to join our team in the capacity of a Ops Comms Design Engineer.
Our Telecoms and E&P group have a proven record in project delivery from large to small multi/single discipline projects, providing engineering support and assurance on numerous regional and national rail frameworks throughout the UK. Working within the Ops Comms Engineer division, we have a team of experienced, flexible and multiskilled engineers with the right-first-time approach to delivery on an exciting and challenging portfolio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical and engineering tasks associated with a particular project in accordance with agreed quality, budget and timescales constraints.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
- Prepare technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids.
- Prepare bills of quantities / materials requests as necessary.
- Prepare simple designs to support projects / bids.
- Prepare technical workscopes and remit sub-contractors as appropriate for project/bids.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
- Assist with test and commissioning activities under instruction from the PICOT.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Driving licence.
- Good knowledge of aspects of telecoms engineering as applied to railway telecommunications.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications.
- CDM Regulations Training
- CDM for Designers
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- 3 years’ experience delivering Ops Comms designs.
Sheffield / York / Manchester
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.