Recruiting for several Mechanical Fitters to join a long-term refurbishment project working for a leading client in the Rail Rolling Stock Industry based at their depot in Widnes, Cheshire.
This project is starting asap and finishing on the 4th March 2024.
Will consider candidates from various backgrounds.
Working on a rotating shift pattern consisting of two weeks of days followed by two weeks of nights.
The client is also offering day shifts only, starting at 07:00-16:30 working Monday to Friday (45 hours per week).
Key skills and requirements for the role include:-
• Time served apprenticeship or equivalent with associated technical qualifications (ONC/HNC/City & Guilds) or recognised equivalent.
• Mechanical bias is essential for this position
• Coach builder/Vehicle builder experience
• Key experience of interior vehicle refurb of trains, planes and cars/coaches
• Experience of removing seats/refit of panels etc
• Experience of taking things apart and putting them back together
Technical Skills & Competencies:-
• Level 2 or 3 Mechanical Qualification
• Written & communication skills.
• Team worker and self-motivated.
• Problem resolution.
• Work under own initiative.