Morson Talent are recruiting for immediate positions for experienced Mechanical Technicians for long term modification and refurbishment projects based in Cheshire.
Our client design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions.
We will consider Mechanical Technicians from varied sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Defence and other light/heavy engineering industries. Morson are offering long-term opportunities accompanied with competitive rates for candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience:-
Technical Skills and Competencies
• Minimum Level 2 or 3 Mechanical Qualification (ONC/HNC/City & Guilds) or recognised equivalent
• Proven experience as a Mechanical Technician in heavy or light engineering industry
• Written & communication skills
• Team worker and self-motivated
• Problem resolution
• Work under own initiative
Our client operates both dayshift and a rotational shift pattern on project, with the latter consisting of two weeks on days and two weeks on nights:-
• 07:00 - 16:30, Monday to Friday (45 hours per week).
Pay Rates start from £21.82 (Umbrella) per hour for the first 12 weeks, increasing to £22.42 (Umbrella) per hour thereafter following qualification under AWR.
• First Week:- 20:00 – 06:30, Sunday to Wednesday (42.5 hours per week)
• Second Week:- 20:00 to 06:30, Monday to Thursday (42.5 hours per week)
Pay Rates start from £25.18 (Umbrella) per hour for the first 12 weeks, increasing to £25.86 (Umbrella) per hour thereafter following qualification under AWR.
Overtime will be available, Weekend Overtime is paid at basic hourly rate +33.33% premium.
*Please note that Morson are able to offer a direct PAYE payroll solution if required.
Successful candidates will be subject to skills testing at our client site, in addition to other safety compliance prior to starting on the project. Details of those requirements will be disclosed upon application.
Full PPE and basic tool kits will be provided by Morson.