Morson Talent are recruiting for the largest ever train fleet upgrade in the UK.
We have immediate positions for experienced Mechanical Fitters on a long term refurbishment programme, working for a leading client in the rail rolling stock industry, based at their depot in Widnes, Cheshire.
Transferable skills from sectors such as Aerospace, Automotive, Defence and other Engineering industries are welcome. Morson are offering long-term opportunities accompanied with competitive rates for candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience:-
Technical Skills and Competencies
• Minimum Level 2 or 3 Mechanical Qualification (ONC/HNC/City & Guilds) or recognised equivalent
• Written & communication skills
• Team worker and self-motivated
• Problem resolution
• Work under own initiative
Desirable (not essential)
• Coach or Vehicle building experience but not essential
• Key experience of interior vehicle refurb of trains, planes and cars/coaches
• Experience of removing seats/refit of panels
• Experience of taking things apart and putting them back together
Our client operates both dayshift and a rotational shift pattern on project, with the latter consisting of two weeks on days and two weeks on nights:-
• 07:00 - 16:30, Monday to Friday (45 hours per week).
Pay Rates start from £21.82 (Umbrella) per hour for the first 12 weeks, increasing to £22.42 (Umbrella) per hour thereafter following qualification under AWR.
• First Week:- 20:00 – 06:30, Sunday to Wednesday (42.5 hours per week)
• Second Week:- 20:00 to 06:30, Monday to Thursday (42.5 hours per week)
Pay Rates start from £25.18 (Umbrella) per hour for the first 12 weeks, increasing to £25.86 (Umbrella) per hour thereafter following qualification under AWR.
*Please note that Morson are able to offer a direct PAYE payroll solution if required.
Successful candidates will be subject to skills testing at our client site, in addition to other safety compliance prior to starting on the project. Details of those requirements will be discussed upon application.
Full PPE and basic tool kits will be provided by Morson.