Heavy mechanical fitter required, with strong experience of overhauling heavy mechanical components, who is motivated to work on a regular day shift.
West Yorkshire, Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Wakefield
Role and Responsibilities
- Conducting full overhaul of rolling stock wheelsets / bogies
- Safe operation of a variety of hand tools
- Working to engineering diagrams and maintenance manuals
- You will be a hands-on worker, comfortable working in an engineering environment
- You will be able to work well as part of a team, as well as use your own initiative
- Experience conducting heavy mechanical fitment activities in an engineering environment
- Competent at reading and interpreting engineering diagrams and maintenance manuals
Likely Job Titles:
Vehicle Fitter, Locomotive Technician, Locomotive Fitter, Bogie Fitter
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.