Opportunity to develop a career as a Mechanical Fitter in Scotland for a leading rail freight organisation, promising full training and future increased earning potential.
With fantastic potential for career development, this position is a great starting point for someone with a mechanical skillset that wants to specialise in maintaining and repairing key company assets and becoming a valuable member of the team.
Offering a varied role to include planned and reactive maintenance, breakdown response and full refurbishment programmes of railway vehicles, we are looking for a motivated individual who thrives at problem-solving and hands-on tasks to take their next career step into this permanent work opportunity.
Grangemouth, Bo'ness, Edinburgh, Glasgow
Role and Responsibilities
- Repair, refurbishment, and maintenance of rail freight vehicles
- Rail vehicle fault-finding and modifications
- Damage repairs on a variety of rail freight vehicles
- Adhere to strict health and safety guidelines at all times
- Have an interest in hands-on, mechanical work
- Be willing to learn, and fully embrace the training process
- Be able to take on board instructions and work safely
- Full UK Diving License
- Experience conducting mechanical work, either through employment or as a hobby
- Due to the nature of this work being physically demanding, any potential candidates will be required to undergo a medical and drugs and alcohol screening prior to start
- Plant or HGV fitting or maintenance
- Recognised qualification in a relevant field
Likely Job Titles:
Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Fitter, MOT Tester, Mechanic, Plant Fitter
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.