Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Materials Manager to work with CAF Rail UK out of Newton Heath Depot.
CAF Rail UK, one of the fastest growing rail businesses in the UK are looking for a Materials Manager who will ensure the smooth delivery of materials for preventative and corrective maintenance. The Materials Manager will be working in a fast-paced environment where the success of the project will be heavily affected by the success of the Materials Manager. Working to expedite deliveries to minimise time vehicles are out of service, thus upholding CAF's high reputation and reliability scores in the sector. It is an opportunity to meet the demand of the busy Newton Heath depot whilst also assisting on additional projects if required.
Newton Heath, Manchester with possible travel across the Northwest.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring all depot materials and services are available to facilitate operations and the maintenance activities for the project.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure service levels and repair float stocks are maintained for the project.
- Liaise with Procurement Department and Suppliers to order materials and services in a timely manner to ensure fleet performance is maintained.
- Continually review stock holding levels and set minimum order levels based on stock availability, supplier lead times and consumption rates
- Participate and coordinate stock taking and control activities with regular review of CAF & Client ERP systems for accuracy
- Generate analytics and KPI's for material consumptions and report to Operations Managers and Head of Departments.
- Engage with Clients Representatives and CAF Operations Manager daily to ensure all materials operations comply with contractual obligations.
- Ensure all staff are trained and certified before undertaking any logistics and stores activities.
- Ensure compliance with all HSQE requirements.
CAF are looking for an individual who thrives under pressure and enjoys taking on a challenge. The ideal candidate would need to be a highly organised individual who can display initiative and take ownership of the performance of the supply chain for the depot. The role requires daily meetings with clients and impeccable people skills; thus, a customer-focused mindset is essential. The Materials Manager will need to be motivated by responsibility and think ahead of time to ensure the depot is adequately stocked, as well as managing urgent tasks to facilitate reactive maintenance.
- Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in a relevant Business or Engineering discipline.
- Proven previous experience in a Materials Management Role.
- Computer literate with experience of logistic and stock control systems.
- Good numeracy, literacy, IT skills.
- Previous experience working in an Engineering or Rail environment is desirable.
- Understanding of Mechanical & Electrical systems and components is desirable.
- Spanish speaker.
Other information: A pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol test and Medical must be passed prior to start.
Closing Date: 30 th September 2022
Likely Job Titles: Materials Manager, Stores Manager, Purchasing Manager, Stock Controller, Supply Manager, Warehouse Manager, Materials Specialist, Materials Analyst, Director Materials Management, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager, Buyer, Logistics Manager, Procurement Manager, Procurement Specialist.
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.