You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
As a Managing Consultant in our Transport Advisory team, you’ll be leading on both the development of proposals and the delivery of projects that provide our International Financial Institution (IFI) clients with trusted advice, innovative solutions, and high quality outputs. We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to work with our established IFI team of highly skilled staff to further develop and deliver our growing portfolio of transport advisory and mobility project work for International Financial Institutions across the globe. Your technical, business development, management and leadership expertise will be integral to our growth and delivery in the future. The proposals and project work will range in technical and geographical nature (for which you will be supported by a broad range of skill sets from across the full Atkins’ businesses) but your focus will be multi-modal transport strategy development and project preparation for transport projects covering all modes across Europe, Asia, Africa, North America and Middle East and primarily be delivered from the UK. We are constantly striving to work collaboratively with our clients to deliver world class projects, and as such you’ll be expected to travel for short periods overseas.
As part of our Transport Advisory team you will join us in being committed to delivering our Business Plan. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring ‘Everyone goes home safely’, our core business value.
- Actively engaging with EDI initiatives and evolving your own EDI journey.
- Supporting our ‘People and Culture’ initiatives which include collaboration and innovation.
- Achieving growth across our business through contributing to winning work and expanding our capability to deliver to key target markets.
- Delivering excellence in your work through adherence to best practice and business management guidance.
- Your day-to-day role will provide you with a positive challenge to utilise and develop your existing skillset.
- You will provide leadership and direction to help our portfolio of International Financial Institution clients resolve emerging challenges facing the transport sector such as addressing climate change and delivering future mobility.
- You will lead multidisciplinary teams focused on delivering high quality outputs for our clients.
- You will have the capability to work as part of our dynamic and integrated IFI team, autonomously when required, and manage the productivity of your colleagues.
- You will be responsible for the authorisation of project outputs and deliverables.
- You will be responsible for managing, developing and maximising relationships with existing and new clients.
- You will help deliver growth through winning new work and extensions.
- You will project manage studies from opportunity through to final delivery.
- You will aid in the development and upskilling of other members of the team, and supported in your own development goals.
- You will be expected to travel overseas where required to work collaboratively with our clients and to explore emerging opportunities.
What You Can Bring?
- A degree or equivalent qualification in transport planning, economics or related subjects.
- A post-graduate qualification in the above related subjects.
- Extensive experience, engagement and in-depth understanding of the transportation industry, preferably across multiple modes.
- Experience working internationally and with International Financial Institutions.
- Excellent communication skills with strong report writing capability, and the ability to prepare and present information to a range of audiences.
- Extensive experience engaging with clients and stakeholders, able to lead project discussions confidently drawing on your experience and expertise whilst building long lasting relationships.
- Established networks across the transport industry and a motivation to expand these internally and externally.
- Excellent numeracy skills to analyse and assure complex problems.
- A proven track record of providing technical and management leadership on a range of major projects.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment combined with the drive and ability to work independently.
- Extensive experience and proven success in bid writing, bid management and winning work for major opportunities.
- Extensive technical experience in existing and emerging tools and techniques associated with transport planning, urban planning, policy, strategy and transport economics.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed.
Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.