The Management Accountant will support the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to deliver the team’s objectives. The holder of this role will assist in the production of the periodic Management Accounts, Budgets, Forecasts as well as providing commercial support and analysis for key areas of the business.
The main tasks associated with this post are:
- To support the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in providing internal and external reporting.
- Preparation and production of accurate and timely internal periodic reporting with succinct variance analysis to forecast and budget.
- Assist the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.The Management Accountant would be expected to liaise with budget holders and management to provide accurate and complete information.
- To support management in sustaining financial control, strategic decision making and driving profitability through the provision of accurate, timely and high quality information.
- Processing of accruals and provisions in the accounts.
- Reconciliation of key control accounts.
- Preparation and production of Group reporting requirements for the parent company.
- Supporting the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in the preparation and production of other ad hoc analysis and reports as required.
The successful candidate will have experience in Management Accounts and provide practical examples of delivering commercial support, budgeting and forecasting. You need to be confident, a good communicator and be able to build relationships across the business. Preferably (but not essentially) with experience in the railway industry, the Management Accountant will possess:
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Good communication and presentation skills to ensure that other Senior Managers and Directors are kept well informed of appropriate financial matters;
- Be adaptable and able to provide “hands-on” support to the business;
- Commercial awareness and the ability to fully understand the financial implications of the contractual environment including the Concession Agreement, Track Access Agreements, Rolling Stock leases, Facilities Management and Train Maintenance Agreements;
- Proficiency in Excel and financial reporting packages;
- Have a professional outlook with a good attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
At Arriva Rail London, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Our benefits include:
• Free Travel for you and a nominated person at your address on TfL Network - this alone worth total £5,200 per annum
• Discounts on European rail services after 1 year of service
• Free travel on Arriva branded rail services around the country
• 75% discount off of season tickets on other Train Operating Companies
• Arriva Village – web based discounts on various products/services on the high street
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24hr helpline, covering a multitude of subjects
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success..