We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced maintenance technician to support the team and MML’s mission to provide a safe, effective, efficient and professional tram maintenance, repair and overhaul service for the West Midlands Metro rolling stock assets.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performing preventative scheduled maintenance on the trams, working on systems incorporating mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, in accordance with the vehicle maintenance instructions and departmental procedures.
- Performing corrective maintenance on the trams which includes troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnosis techniques using computer equipment and on-tram diagnostics systems, followed by repairs as appropriate.
- Supporting the testing, commissioning and acceptance of new trams.
- Recording all work activities including all preventative and corrective maintenance on paper records and/or in the Asset Management Information System (AMIS).
- Accurately reporting and recording details of fault finding and diagnosis on paper records and/or in the AMIS for reliability analysis.
- Comply with departmental procedures for management of spare parts, consumables, tools and equipment.
- Support Rolling Stock Engineering Management in the delivery of the production plan, ensuring exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner and in compliance with the planned maintenance schedule.
- Actively participate in the ongoing continuous improvement activities for maintenance processes and maintenance procedures that support all depot and fleet activities.
- Undertaking driving duties within depot confines in accordance with the depot operating procedures.
- Adherence to all health and safety processes and procedures.
- Undertaking training and competence assessments as appropriate to achieve MML specific and national qualifications.
- Working a 24/7 shift roster.
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role.
What You’ll Need:
- Experienced in undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance on high value safety critical equipment.
- Experienced in finding and diagnosing faults in complex mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experienced in the use of computer based diagnostic equipment.
- Experienced in rolling stock maintenance.
What We Offer in Return:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free travel on West Midlands trams and buses for you and your partner
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program 24/7 365 days
- Discounted Gym membership
- Full On the Job Training