Are you looking for the opportunity to work on the maintenance of the brand-new, state of the art, 197 fleet of trains, working for the most complete manufacturer of rail vehicles in the UK market?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Technician for a world-class leader in the international market for the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for railway systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the brand-new, state of the art 197 fleet of trains conducting 30-day maintenance exams and storage exams.
Crewe Depot, with travel to Telford required using a company vehicle during working hours on an ad-hoc basis.
Hours: 40 hours per week (days) Monday to Friday 07:30AM-15:30PM
Contract duration: Initally until April 2023, extension highly likely (inside IR35 contract)
Role and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out maintenance exams
- Carrying out storage exams
- Following VMI's
- Troubleshooting using electrical schematics, test equipment, and diagnostic software
- Fault finding and root cause analysis on electrical and electronic systems
- Heavy maintenance experience
- Experience working in a safety critical environment
- Will be a team player with the experience to work independently
- Will be a problem-solver with a logical mindset and the ability to think on their feet
- Will be available to start within the month of September ideally
- Experience following vehicle maintenance instructions (VMI's)
- NVQ Level 3 minimum qualification (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline
- Ability to interpret electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematic diagrams
- Experience using test and measuring equipment
- Experience using diagnostic software
- Valid and clean UK driver’s license
- Rolling stock experience
- Experience with fault finding and conducting root cause analysis
- Experience working on PIS, PA, CCTV, HVAC, and auxiliary electrical equipment
- Experience with diesel engines and generator sets
Likely Job Titles: technician, maintenance, dual skilled technician, mechanical, mechanic, electrical, electric, heavy maintenance, exam technician, exams technician
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy