We have an opportunity for a maintenance technician with bogie bay experience to join the team and provide support to the business as it continues to grow. The Bogie Bay Maintenance Technician will be supporting the Rolling Stock team to repair and maintain the trams and stock as we continue to provide a safe, secure, reliable and sustainable service to customers.
- Performing preventative scheduled maintenance on the trams, working on systems incorporating mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, in accordance with the vehicle maintenance instructions and departmental procedures.
- Performing corrective maintenance on the trams which includes troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnosis techniques using computer equipment and on-tram diagnostics systems, followed by repairs as appropriate.
- Supporting the testing, commissioning and acceptance of new trams.
- Recording all work activities including all preventative and corrective maintenance on paper records and/or in the Asset Management Information System (AMIS).
- Accurately reporting and recording details of fault finding and diagnosis on paper records and/or in the AMIS for reliability analysis.
- Comply with departmental procedures for management of spare parts, consumables, tools and equipment.
- Support Rolling Stock Engineering Management in the delivery of the production plan, ensuring exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner and in compliance with the planned maintenance schedule.
- Actively participate in the ongoing continuous improvement activities for maintenance processes and maintenance procedures that support all depot and fleet activities.
- Undertaking driving duties within depot confines in accordance with the depot operating procedure.
- Adherence to all health and safety processes and procedures.
- Undertaking training and competence assessments as appropriate to achieve MML specific and national qualifications.
- Working a 24/7 shift roster
- Any other duties that are commensurate with the role
What You’ll Need:
- Experienced in undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance on high value safety critical equipment.
- Experienced in finding and diagnosing faults in complex mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experienced in the use of computer based diagnostic equipment.
- Experienced in rolling stock maintenance
What We Offer in Return:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free travel on West Midlands trams and buses for you and your partner
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program 24/7 365 days
- Discounted Gym membership.
- Full On the Job Training