We are expanding our Machine Maintenance Team, to support our machines based in Taunton.
The purpose of the role will be to maintain machinery to an advanced technical level to ensure the efficient, effective maintenance and repair of plant. Ensure maximum availability and reliability is achieved while maintaining and exceeding the required standards for health and safety.
- Comply with the Maintenance Management System and planned maintenance of the system plant in accordance with maintenance programme and approved maintenance manuals/schedules.
- Maintain the proactive delivery of preventative and reactive maintenance and repair to maximise plant availability and reliability.
- Investigation and reporting of faults; identification of fault trends.
- Monitor and report on maintenance performance and machine reliability.
- Propose modifications or improvements to maintenance processes and regimes to deliver performance and financial benefits.
- Ensure that correct equipment is used, informing the Maintenance Engineering Manager of issues for concern.
- Assist the management team with incident reporting and investigation as instructed and in accordance with the Safety Management System.
- Set up safe system of work
- Delivery of the annual schedule of maintenance for all plant and machinery
- Support the accreditation audits of Maintenance.
- Liaise and develop working relationships with supply chain for plant supplies and suppliers
- Delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly maintenance checks / operation
- Deliver work in accordance with scope, programme and quality specifications
- Operate Machines safely in accordance with operating instructions
- Review and plan appropriate actions for reactive maintenance requirements
- Review / Record any near misses
Skills and behaviours required
- Self-motivated and be able to work under minimal instruction / supervision
- Ability to work as a team member as well as a leader
- This is a physical and manual role, therefore a level of physical fitness and dexterity is required
- Must have good commercial awareness and an aptitude for figures
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Have a good range of problem-solving skills
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Demonstrate compliance to Health and Safety legislation relating to plant maintenance.
- Attention to details and meticulous approach to maintenance.
Qualifications and experience required
- Recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship or qualified to NVQ level 3 as a plant fitter
- Personal Track Safety qualification
- Designated Person competence
- Ideally a Plasser approved maintenance qualification for On Track Machines
- Full Driving Licence
- Knowledge of the various industry regulations related to on-track machine maintenance and operation (e.g. Railway Group Standards).
- Experience of on-track machine or other plant maintenance.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
32 Days - inclusive of English Public Holidays
Private Medical Insurance
Life Assurance - 3 times the basic salary
Buy & Sell Holidays - Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Cycle to work - Salary Sacrifice Scheme
2 paid days for CSR
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental pay
No agency applications accepted.
Rhomberg Sersa is committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity. We welcome the contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, the nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.