This role will provide you with the opportunity to work within one of the key players of the servicing and maintenance of Locomotive and Freight Vehicles throughout the UK and Europe. Whilst our clients specialise in the general maintenance of the vehicles, this is a position that will focus on keeping the large-scale, heavy diesel-engines and surrounding components operating safely year-round.
You will be able to develop your skills in an interesting role, with the full support of a LEADING Rail Freight organisation.
Ford & Stanley Talentwise – the trade and technical recruitment specialists, are looking for Locomotive Fitters to assist our client with Locomotive maintenance tasks.
The job will involve working on a shift basis, where the morning shift is 7am – 7pm, and the night shift is 7pm – 7 am. The fitters will be expected to do 2 days – 2 nights – 4 days off.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with the approved maintenance plans.
- Ensure the Asset Management system and relevant paperwork is completed on time and to the company ‘expected standard’.
- Participate in all relevant training and competency assessments that the post holder is nominated to complete.
- Undertake general duties relative to cleanliness of workshop areas, mess room, toilets etc. as required, ensure high standards of workshop husbandry are maintained at all times.
- You will be a Team player, who can quickly develop strong working relationships with colleagues, but also self-motivated and able to take ownership and responsibility of your own work.
- You will be able to stay positive and calm in difficult and stressful situations.
- The ideal candidate will have experience within a Rail or heavy-diesel vehicle background and be skilled in various maintenance activities.
- Engineering qualification, preferably to HNC standard in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience as a mechanical fitter in a heavy vehicle industry.
- The ability to make sound engineering decisions.
- Basic communication skills, written & oral.
- Experience with engines, preferably diesel.
- 3 years broadly based experience of Traction & Rolling Stock.
Likely Job Titles: HGV Mechanic, HGV Fitter, PSV Mechanic, PSV Fitter, Heavy Vehicle Maintainer, Locomotive maintainer, Heavy Mechanical Fitter, Plant Mechanic, Plant Maintainer, OTM Mechanic, OTM Technician, OTM Fitter, OTM, Diesel Maintainer, Diesel Fitter, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Fitter.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.