Permanent Mechanical fitter with in-depth diesel engine experience required in Somerset to work on classic Locomotive and Freight vehicles.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with the approved maintenance plans.
- Ensure the Asset Management system and relevant paperwork is completed on time and to the company ‘expected standard’.
- Participate in all relevant training and competency assessments that the post holder is nominated to complete.
- You will be a Team player, who can quickly develop strong working relationships with colleagues, but also self-motivated and able to take ownership and responsibility of your own work.
- You will be able to stay positive and calm in difficult and stressful situations.
- The ideal candidate will have experience within a Rail or heavy-diesel vehicle background and be skilled in various maintenance activities.
- In-depth experience of diesel engines
- Experience as a mechanical fitter in a heavy vehicle industry.
- The ability to make sound engineering decisions.
- Basic communication skills, written & oral.
- Experience within a Traction & Rolling Stock background.
Likely Job Titles: HGV Mechanic, HGV Fitter, PSV Mechanic, PSV Fitter, Heavy Vehicle Maintainer, Locomotive maintainer, Heavy Mechanical Fitter, Plant Mechanic, Plant Maintainer, OTM Mechanic, OTM Technician, OTM Fitter, OTM, Diesel Maintainer, Diesel Fitter, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Fitter.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.