At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be our next Lead Industrial Quality Engineer we’re looking for at Alstom Irish Rail, to take on a new challenge and apply your expertise to helping perform projects covering Industrial and Service Quality related activities?
Your future role
Reporting into the MD for Ireland, you’ll work alongside highly motivated professionals within the Alstom Team committed to best in class performance in driving the quality execution to successfully deliver the product with the highest levels of quality to our customers. This role will sit on the project leadership team and will also functional report into the UK&I Quality Director.
The role will work with Alstom Katowice, the primary assembly facility in particular the Irish Rail PrQSM in the feedback and feedforward of Quality Intelligence whilst fostering our values of agility, inclusivity and responsibility.
The role entails managing Industrial Quality activities in relevant workshop (Inspections, Pre-sale, Customer sale inspections, Quality process improvements and Quality technical administration for example PST). Other aspects of the role include:
- Co-ordinating with Operations to address areas of concern for quick resolution to ensure we are assembling to the correct quality standards and building in the Quality at point of assembly.
- Participate or delegate customer joint Inspections.
- Ensure customer approval, documents validation & compliance of the manufactured products before shipping.
- Perform Line Quality Animation with cross function team.
- Feedback of Quality issues to the relevant design authority and PrQSM lead for the project to ensure quick resolution of issues are known and addressed.
- The role will require some level of travel to the Katowice facility but is primarily based in Dublin.
All about you
We passion and attitude over experience. That's why we don't expect you to have every single skills. Instead we've listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
- Good understanding in operational Quality activities for example – inspections, customer interactions, working in cross functional teams to define, implement and improve quality at the point of manufacture.
- Good communicator and have experience in dealing with Customer Quality activities.
- Be agile and be able to adopt to situations quickly, find solutions and be a team player.
- Experienced in managing Quality tools and problem-solving tools.
Desirable Technical Knowledge / Experience
- SAP/GSI knowledge
- Documentation Management – eg update Train History book documents, Quality documentations
- Railway RSC “Safety” oriented
- Problem Solving knowledge - Tools and Techniques
- To be able to collaborate with SQ Serial Life team, Alstom PU and External Suppliers Representatives
- 5 years experiences in Rail Industry.
- Good Project management experience
Things you’ll enjoy
Join us on a life-long transformative journey – the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You’ll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues
- Contribute to innovative projects
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential, plus comprehensive and competitive social coverage (life, medical, pension)
The talent team are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role will close as soon as a suitable person has successfully passed the assessment process. To be considered please send in your application as early as possible
We value inquisitive, innovative and motivated people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable.