We are looking for a home-based Lead Auditor. The role will involve travel so you will need to be based in the following region: northern part of East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
Within the Assurance department, the core focus is on delivering and overseeing RSSB’s range of services for railway industry health, safety and quality assurance which are at the heart of the British railway’s assurance processes. This includes the two existing, and significant, supplier assurance schemes and products.
The Lead Auditor will perform audits and analyse the competency, capability and capacity of an entity and its employees’ services and products. Preparing reports and performing risk management tasks to protect, improve safety, efficiency and ensure compliance with appropriate standards and regulations.
Responsible for undertaking audits on suppliers registering to provide services through RSSB, using the Rail Industry Supplier Qualification System (RISQS).
- IRCA accredited Lead Auditor.
- Experience in auditing against defined standards.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or IOSH Technical (or equivalent).
- Specialist audits NEBOSH Construction or equivalent.
- Experience in the rail sector or a willingness to develop knowledge of the rail industry.
- Proficient with IT including MS applications.
- Knowledge of relevant RSSB Assurance and Infrastructure Manager Standards or an ability and willingness to be developed in this area.
- Competency in The Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 or an ability and willingness to be developed in this area.
- A proactive approach and ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to influence and resolve disputes effectively.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to influence at all levels, provide instruction effectively, explain complex ideas and issues and to present to a varied audience.
- Ability to organise and plan ahead as well as effectively manage own time.
- A track record of continuous development including keeping up to date with rail notifications and rail news.
- Attention to detail and the ability to make decisions and reach conclusions objectively.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.
We value diversity and equal opportunities in employment and are committed to creating a workplace which is inclusive to everyone. As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we encourage candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria, to apply for our jobs. If you have applied under the Disability Confident Scheme, please let us know in advance by emailing vacancies@RSSB.CO.UK
If you require any reasonable adjustments with respect to our selection process including information in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand the importance of work-life balance and we offer our staff the flexibility to work within our core hours and the option to vary their location between both the office and home. If you are looking for further flexibility, speak to us at interview stage so that we can consider your request.
We value our staff and we offer a competitive benefits package to ensure our staff can achieve their best throughout their journey with us. This includes 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); a holiday buy and sell scheme; private medical and dental cover; a season ticket loan and travel subsidy; access to a cycle to work scheme; volunteer leave; a performance related bonus and pension.