HSQ Recruitment are now in partnership with a T1 Engineering Department as they expand their team of dedicated land surveyors.
A thriving company in the Civil engineering sector, providing top-notch surveying services to major projects. If you are seeking a new challenge or a change in your career, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing team.
As a Land Surveyor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing modern survey methods and advanced survey devices such as total stations, GNSS, and data collectors.
- Conducting precise setting out for various trades in the construction field.
- Establishing survey controls, setting out gridlines, performing leveling, traversing, and executing other essential land surveying tasks.
- Effectively resolving unexpected site issues with the assistance of the team and management.
- Maintaining accurate and consistent records of surveying information on site, strictly adhering to the agreed specifications and scope.
- Processing field data in the office using software like AutoCAD for post-processing.
- Building and nurturing client relationships to ensure exceptional delivery that exceeds our client's expectations.
- Assisting in detailed field and office surveying assignments.
- Ensuring the quality of information collected on site and facilitating its successful transition to deliverables.
- Properly maintaining and safeguarding all survey equipment.
- Taking responsibility for guiding and mentoring other surveyors and junior team members both on-site and in the office.
- Upholding company policies, procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Collaborating with the Project Manager to support job quoting.
- Undertaking any other duties as required by the business.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, efficiently managing changing priorities and workloads.
- Strong multitasking abilities, adaptability, and a genuine desire to contribute as a valuable member of our team.
- Previous experience in surveying.
- Flexibility to travel to our nationwide sites as required.
- Excellent collaboration skills, capable of working effectively within a team and engaging with clients on-site.
- Possession of a clean and full driving license.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Fluent English speaking skills with excellent communication abilities, enabling effective interactions with stakeholders at all levels.
- RICS/ICES qualification.
- University degree in a survey-related field.
- Possession of a CSCS Card folder (required before starting work).
- Experience or knowledge of N4CE software.
- Proficiency in laser scanning, point cloud registration, and BIM workflows.
- Previous experience in monitoring.
- UAV/drone operation experience.
- Familiarity with GIS and/or BIM software (ArcGIS Pro, Revit, Civil 3D, etc.)