To provide a blend of bid coordination and bid writing with an overall view to progressing to a Bid Writing position within the business. You will support the wider bid team with the end-to-end bid process. This will involve creating high quality written content which has a positive impact on our winning percentage and on the overall growth of the business. This will be married up with tasks that positively affect the administration of the bid process from the opportunity to submission. We are looking for someone who can equally work alone to strict deadlines but can also integrate as a valued member of not only the bid team but also within the wider organisation.
Responsibilities for the Role
- Contribute to writing, editing and production of all tender submission documents.
- Carry out independent and critical reviews of submission documents.
- Manage the bid portals and complete supplier questionnaires/pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Take responsibility for all Prequalification Questionnaires (PQQ), liaising with relevant internal stakeholders to write and complete them ahead of the client deadline.
- Manage the content library, keeping it up to date with relevant historical submission information including, bid question responses, PQQ question responses and case studies.
- Manage the bidding email address and ensure that emails are distributed in a timely manner to the relevant individuals within the business.
- Assist the Bid Manager with proposal management responsibilities on tenders where required. Activities to include but are not limited to assisting with the creation and formatting of templates, writing tender responses which you are allocated, assisting with the formatting and proofreading of the tender response document and creating suitable content.
- Participate in the red and amber review stages for all tender submissions. This will include reading and analysing questions and responses and providing constructive feedback to both the Bid & Proposals Manager and the Senior Bid Writer.
- Maintaining tenders central SharePoint database.
- Utilise our in-house document design tool.
- Liaise with Marketing and ensure they are aware of upcoming tenders which will require input, as well as any tender wins.
- Writing and producing company case studies.
- Managing various tender portals, from downloading the tender information, dealing with clarification messages and submitting the completed tender response.
- Liaising with senior personnel, booking meetings, taking minutes and developing the meeting schedule.
- Helping manage the RFQ process within the business and liaising with all Heads of Departments to ensure RFQ’s are responded to within the given timeframe.
In addition, to ensure the effective delivery of this role and fully contribute towards team and business objectives, we will be looking for the following skills, experience and qualifications from our successful candidate.
- Team player, equally happy to work autonomously and with direction, where appropriate.
- Positive and professional attitude and willingness to deliver excellent service at all times.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively due to strict deadlines.
- Treat all people with respect and be open and honest.
- Excellent and confident communicator.
- A practical and organised approach to work.
- Ability to react positively to change.
- Good levels of creativity and writing ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to influence others and constructively challenge the status quo where required.
- Capable of building lasting working relationships.
Knowledge and experience
- Some experience within a bid team, with a structured approach, excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail; any tender documents generated must be grammatically and visually correct.
- Ability to work under pressure; meet tight deadlines and juggle a variety of tasks at once.
- Good communication and problem solving.
- Experience in a similar role, and an understanding of the bidding process.
- Organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage your own workload and meet deadlines accurately and effectively.
- Articulate and with excellent writing skills.
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths.
- A Level/Degree in Business or Engineering would be advantageous.
- APMP Foundation is desirable but not required.
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Sick pay increases with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
About Auctus Management Group
Auctus Management Group (AMG) is growing organically through its members, INFRA Skills and RSS Infrastructure, who deliver a range of services, including contingent labour, specialist technical services, and safety-critical training and assessments across the infrastructure sector.
Our commitment to safety, people, and our values shapes our culture and work environment. They allow us to offer a wide range of workforce, training, and social value solutions to all of our partners, with a strong focus on safety. We keep growing and developing the group by delivering great customer service.
As an equal opportunities employer, Auctus Management does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. As a proud signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant, we encourage reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we strive to create equal opportunities and encourage under-represented groups to apply for roles and join us, visit this page - Work for Us.