About The Role
To support the resources function within the Power Networks department by providing the necessary support to enable the function to deliver critical infrastructure work.
ROLES RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Manage a number of jointing teams, their direct reports and sub contract resources to deliver works on DNO / IDNO electrical assets as defined in the host DNO’s policies & procedures to time, cost & quality standards.
- The safety of both Linbrooke Power Networks employees and clients/public who may come into contact with our day to day operations
- Co-ordinate Incident, close call and near miss reporting and implement corrective actions as required
- Management of both Linbrooke and its sub-contract resource whilst working on our behalf
- The safe operational delivery of works as defined by the Resources Manager
- Supervisors and staff are adequately equipped to carry out their duties in a safe manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of variation to and completion of works onsite.
- Ensure company policies are followed for the timely and accurately reporting of incidents and accidents.
- Co-ordinate incident management and the securing and gathering of evidence onsite
- Quality & safety are maintained at all times on site
- Ensure timely & accuracy in delivery & confirmation of safety briefings
- The overall productivity of staff booking time to projects
- Brokerage resource allocation between work programmes
- Ensure weekly safety inspections are completed and issues addressed
- Investigation and/or fact finding interviews where poor performance and attitude issues arise.
- Accuracy of and timely submission of time sheets
- The timely handover, briefing and debriefing on work packs to operatives
- Yearly PPE inspections
- Safety & quality audits as required by the business.
- Frequent client liaison & representing the business at external meetings.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Proven supervisory experience within the electricity industry
- Held LV craft authorisation for either Underground or Overhead networks
- ILM level 3 or equivalent
- IOSH or NEBOSH certificate
- Driving Licence
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Project safety management experience
- Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures
- Basic IT skills
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- AP Authorisation with a DNO
- Multi-disciplined skills background
- ONC or higher electrical qualification
Monday to Friday with weekend working
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.