We are seeking an IT Project Manager - SDWAN to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (hybrid working) on a 2 year fixed term contract.
You will project manage delivery of a major wide area network change as we replace our existing MPLS network with a Software defined WAN architecture.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the project throughout its lifecycle, shaping the project to drive optimum delivery of stated benefits and desired outcomes.
You will create a plan and manage delivery of the project to agreed time, cost and quality parameters ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met. You will engage stakeholders from across the organisation making sure all sites covered by the network are fully engaged
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this position we recommend that you demonstrate the below in your application;
- At least 5 years experience of Project Management delivery within IT networking.
- Excellent understanding of how to deliver technology change within an environment where multiple other change projects are happening at the same time.
- Fluent delivery using structured Project Methodology and project tool kits
- Good standard of education with project management qualifications, excellent written and verbal skills, able to represent at governance forums and Boards.
- Able to work collaboratively across an organisation, experience in management of stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst providing accuracy at all times.
- Able to use judgement and provide sound justification for decisions, tailoring approach to delivery based on experience.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers